If you can not sign in to your facetime account and getting an error “this account has no reachable addresses facetime mac”, then you are not alone facing the account has no reachable addresses problem. This problem occurs very frequently when you try to login to FaceTime on Mac.
In this article, we are going to help you and explain how to fix;
This account has no reachable addresses Error
This account has no reachable addresses can be solved by simply changing you old apple ID to new one on appleid.apple.com.
But, there are many other reason due to which you may be getting this error and there is no single solutions for the same that’s why we have listed some fixes that you can try to see if the error gets resolved or not.
This account has no reachable addresses facetime mac causes
Talking about reasons due to which No Reachable Address message you can encounter on your Mac machine. Let’s see What Causes FaceTime Saying No Reachable Address?
So, there are multiple cause for Facetime address issue. Here are some of the common causes you get this error on IOS or Mac.
- Outdated Mac Software: If your Mac is not updated with the latest software, it may cause FaceTime connectivity problems.
- Apple Services Outage: Sometimes, FaceTime may not work if there is an outage or issue with Apple’s services.
- Inaccessible appleid.apple.com: If the website appleid.apple.com is not accessible or facing issues, it can affect FaceTime functionality.
- Incorrect Date and Time Settings: Having the wrong date and time configured on your device can lead to FaceTime connection problems.
- Changed Apple ID: Updated or changed Apple ID
How To Fix Facetime Saying No Reachable Address?
Now, that we have seen the potential cause due to which you may be encountering This account has no reachable addresses error.
So, let’s start with the various troubleshooting tips that you can use to solve this problem.
1. Restart Your Apple Device
Generally, most times the “FaceTime says no reachable address” is due to minor bugs which can be solved simply by restarting the IOS or Mac device
Now, before jumping on to various troubleshooting tips, Just restart your Mac.
Follow below start to restart you mac:
- Launch Apple menu from the menu bar
- Here, you will see a restart option click on it
- Now, wait for your mac device to restart and try logging the facetime and see if error is gone or not.
You can also force restart Mac if it’s frozen or not responding. To force restart apple macbook;
- Press and hold the power button until it switches off
- Again, press and hold power button to start the device again untill you see apple logo
2. Update IOS version or Mac OS version
Another reason we mention above for “FaceTime saying no reachable address” problem is due to outdated operating system.
So, check if there is any software update is pending in your apple device or not.
Here are instructions to check if there is update is pending or not based on the device
For macOS 13 Ventura and Mojave
- Go to Apple menu
- Click on software preferences option and then click on Software updates option
- Here, you will see if there is any new update for your mac or not. if yes, just update your device.
For MacOS High Sierra or Older
- Head to App Store
- In the side bar menu, click on Updates
- See if there is any update pending. If yes just do it
For iPhone or iPad
- Go to settings
- Go to general > Software update
- If update is available click on download and install
3. Check for Apple Services
Occasionally, Apple performs service work, which may result in FaceTime connection issues. To check the current service status, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser on your device.
- Go to Apple’s official system status page.
- On the system status page, look for the “FaceTime” section. It should display the current status of FaceTime services.
- If there is a green dot, it means FaceTime is working fine at the moment.
- If there is a yellow dot, it means there might be a problem with FaceTime services.
- If there is a red dot, it confirms that FaceTime is currently experiencing a widespread problem, and you may encounter connectivity issues.
4. Inaccuracy in Date and Time
Sometime wrong date and time could be the problem of Facetime saying no reachable address. So, you can check if date and time are properly configured as per your time zone.
Usually, people turn on automatic time zone to automatically set time and date through internet. Here is how you can set it.
- Inside Apple Menu, go to system prefrences
- Go to Date & Time section
- Now, uncheck the date & time option to enable the automatic congiguration
- After this select your time zone and your are done
5 Check if Appleid.apple.com is working or not
When you see the error message “FaceTime saying no reachable address”, there could be problem with AppleID servers. You can check server by;
- opening safari browser
- Go to www.appleid.apple.com
- sign in using your Apple ID and Password
- Now, under Apple ID section, check if your email ID is present or not
- If not, go to edit and add more to change your apple id with new one
6. Apple ID changed
Changing Apple ID can sometime cause FaceTime saying no reachable address. To solve this;
- Open the FaceTime app on your Mac
- go to to preferences option
- If you see your old Apple ID just update it with New Apple ID
7. Check if the problem is with device or ID
You’re having trouble using FaceTime on your MacBook Pro.
- Did you have a different Apple ID before setting up a new one for this Mac? If so, try adding that old Apple ID as a reachable address to see if it makes any difference.
- Do you have any other devices that can use FaceTime, like another Mac or an iOS device? If you do, try adding the email address associated with this Apple ID and see if FaceTime works on those devices.
The goal is to figure out if the issue is related to your account or the device itself.
If you can use FaceTime on another device, or if you can’t try using another device for testing, follow these steps on your Mac:
- Boot your Mac into safe mode. This will clear some system caches and load only the necessary extensions for basic operation. Then, reboot your Mac normally and check if FaceTime works.
- If the problem persists, create a new admin account on your Mac and test FaceTime from there.
If the issue still occurs in the test user account, it’s likely a problem with your Apple ID. In that case, it’s best to contact Apple Support for further assistance. You can find their official contact information on their website.